Soil Capital is a company committed to scaling and sustaining regenerative agriculture through market-based solutions. We do this through our investment and advisory activities.
This approach to farming focuses on soil health and the natural productivity of the farm ecosystem as a whole. Using proven processes and adapted technology, it protects soils from erosion, reduces dependence on external inputs, and improves resilience.
In our investment work, we partner with experienced farmers who demonstrate superior environmental and economic performance. In doing so, Soil Capital seeks to scale and replicate resource-efficient and sustainable operations, thus accelerating the transition from conventional to holistic, regenerative agriculture.
In our advisory work, we provide strategic advice, operational support and management training to farm operators. Soil Capital leverages world-class expertise and modern technologies to increase farm productivity, whilst minimising the use of non-renewable inputs. In our approach healthy soil is the key factor in increasing farm productivity.
Delivering Meaningful Impact
Restored Arable Land
Increased soil organic matter drives biodiversity, natural fertility and resilient productivity.
Healthy Food Production
Food from healthy soils has better nutritional value and improved health benefits.
Atmospheric carbon can be cheaply and efficiently stored into soils through better land management practices.
Improved risk-return profile from lower cost structure, climate resilience and multiple revenue sources.
Nicolas has over 15 years experience in agronomy. He specialises in the management, acquisition and technical support of agricultural exploitations located in various regions and climate conditions. He is currently working on projects in Africa, Eastern Europe, South America and Asia, for various investors and farmers willing to develop agricultural systems that perform from a triple economic, agronomic and environmental standpoint. He previously worked as an agronomist manager and consultant for Alcogroup and Finasucre. Nicolas holds a Master’s Degree in Agronomy from the Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
Thomas is an agronomist with over 10 years experience in farm management and agricultural engineering for sustainable farming production. He has been working in cattle breeding ranches in Africa (DRC) for 5 years with strong implication in pasture and grazing programs. Until recently, he managed an African large-scale farming company with both rain-fed & irrigated crops. Thomas has led feasibility studies and project development missions in various geographical regions. He specialises in the integration of grain crops, grasslands and livestock production systems. Thomas holds a Master’s Degree in Agronomy from the University of Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech, Belgium.
Charles de Liedekerke
Charles has 9 years experience in finance and impact entrepreneurship. He previously worked in Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division and has advised clients on capital structure as well as on M&A transactions. Previously he founded and managed Angalio Productions, a film production company addressing the communication needs of social and environmental innovators worldwide. Charles holds a Masters Degree in International Affairs from Sciences Po in Paris and an MBA from INSEAD, where he focused on finance.
Alejandro has 7 years experience in agribusiness financing and 4 years experience in the real estate business. Until recently, he worked in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), assessing, structuring, executing and monitoring debt and equity investments for agribusiness companies internationally. He has also worked with agribusiness funds, assessing them from the LP perspective. Previously, he worked in the Spanish real estate sector, both in a development company as well as in a corporate advisory capacity. Alejandro holds a BA in Spanish Law from the Universidad Abat Oliba CEU in Barcelona and an MBA from the London Business School, with a concentration in finance.
Yannick graduated in 2013 with a Master's degree in agronomy. Since then he has worked on large-scale farms, as well as in farmland investment projects in Australia, Africa and Europe. Yannick is also working as an agronomist on a Belgian farm.
Frédéric Thomas - France
- Over 30 years experience in agriculture, including in the US and Australia
- Pioneered Conservation Agriculture (CA) techniques in France and abroad
- Founder and editor-in-chief of CA magazine “Techniques Culturales Simplifiées” (c.4,500 subscribers)
Stephen Briggs - UK
- Over 20 years ofsustainable farming in the UK and overseas
- Principal consultant with Abacus Organic Associates the leading independent organic consultants in the UK
- 2011 Nuffield Scholar for Agroforestry & vice Chairman of the European Agroforestry Federation (EURAF)
Jim Howell - USA
- Over 25 years experience in Holistic Livestock managment.
- CEO of Grasslands LLC, the Savory Institute's land management arm
- Extensive livestock experience in the US, New Zealand, Australia and Latin America
Colin Seis - Australia
- Over 20 years experience.
- Pioneered pasture cropping, an approach to farming involving sowing crops directly into perennial pastures and growing them symbiotically
- Received the Bob Hawke Landcare Award for remarkable commitment to caring for the land
Perrine Hervé-Gruyer - France
- 7 years experience in permacultural design and farming
- Founded and runs the Bec-Hellouin Permacultural Farm France
- Conducting a research project on organic market gardening. Widely recognised as one of Europe's most productive farmers
Dwayne Beck - USA
- Over 30 years experience, including over 20 in no-till farming
- Professor at the South Dakota State University
- Named to the South Dakota Hall of Fame for his work in soil-friendly no-till farming